Tirap District is one of the remotest district of Arunachal Pradesh bordering Myanmar. The district is presently having lot of difficulties due to geographical distance from the state capital and key township. The role of Information Communications Technology ( ICT) is very important to deliver timely and efficient government services to the citizens and Government employees. NIC (National Informatics Centre), Government of India is the key department in the district to coordinate the ICT activities. Some of the project undertaken by NIC are as follows:
Jan-suvidha is a software application developed by NIC Arunachal Pradesh State Unit to automate the process of issuance of various types of certificates and licenses from the Office of Deputy Commissioner. In addition, it is an attempt to provide a single-window solution to the citizens, where various services of the office of DC are provided under one roof. The citizen needs to approach only the receipt and delivery counter and no longer needs to find his way through the maze of branches in the office to get his or her work done. The project was developed as a result of the efforts of the then Deputy Commissioner, Lohit District Sh. Prashant Lokhande IAS and was first launched in Lohit District at its headquarters, Tezu. The application was subsequently customized for Tirap District and launched in the district.
Main features of Jan-suvidha project
- Software application for computerization of process of issuance of all types of certificates and licenses at DC office, Tirap.
- Automation of process of receipt, processing and delivery of documents.
- Digital scanned photography and lamination of documents included as a part of the project.
- Strict online monitoring to ensure adherence to time-lines for delivery of documents to citizens.
Types of services provided at Jan-suvidha center, Tirap:
- Permanent Residence Certificate
- Temporary Residence Certificate
- Scheduled Tribe Certificate
- Identity Card
- Inner Line Pass
- Temporary inner line Pass
Advantages that accrue to the citizenry / DC office through Jan-suvidha project:
- Permanent database of all certificate / license holders of the District created (including digital photographs) which allows much faster searching in the future.
- Duplicate copy of certificate can be issued on the spot as record will already be available in the computerized database.
- Digital photograph of the certificate holder is printed on the certificate is colour-printed on the certificate itself -no scope of tampering in the future.
- Neat and clean certificates with legible wordings. No problems of poor hand-writing and cuttings.
- Monitoring possible at the highest level as ADC/DC can directly see the pendancy on their screens at the click of a button.
- Elimination of interaction of public with branch officials is eliminated which at times, promoted corrupt practices.
- Timelines have been fixed for issuance of various types of certificates / licenses failing which the official responsible may be taken to task.
- Automatic generation of issue / dispatch register.
- Single-window system where all services are available under one roof.
- Validation of application at the reception counter itself.
- Any discrepancy communicated to the applicant there itself.
- Workload of certificate branch significantly reduced which leads to faster disposal of cases.
- Queries related to verification from various departments can be dispatched immediately.
VAHAN – The Integrated Solution for Vehicle Registration (Website : – https://vahan.nic.in)
VAHAN is a highly flexible and comprehensive system that takes care of all the burdensome activities of Vehicle Registration, leaving the Transport Department to deal with more important business issues. The software enables the processes at RTO/DTO/MLO/SDM involving Vehicle Registration, Fitness, Taxes, Permits & Enforcement to get computerized.
The State Transport Department is governed by both Central Motor Vehicle Regulation (CMVR) and state specific Motor Vehicle Regulation (State MVR). Consequently, Vahan was conceptualized as a product that would capture the functionalities as mandated by CMVR as well as state MVRs.
- New Vehicle Registration
- Renewal of Registration
- Transfer of Ownership
- Change of Address etc.
- Issue of National & Interstate Permit
- Renewal of Permit
State-wise tax calculation & Payment
- Issue of Fitness Certificate
- Renewal of Fitness Certificate
- Issue of Challan
- Settlement of Penalty Amount
National Database of Arms License
It is a project initiated by the Ministry of Home Affairs, GoI to create database of all Arms license issued in the country. All arms license are issued UCF (Unique Case File) on correct entry and approval.
As per the directives of MHA, Tirap District Administration have initiated the process of arms license data uploading into the portal. There is a test portal for testing the functionalities and a separate live portal where the actual data entry has to be done. The records can be checked on the portal by the Department of Home Affairs, GoAP.